Hi my name is Amy and I'm kind of new to the blogging thing. I think the theme of today will be to see how many times I can type the word blog.
Anyways...I'll try this as a journal of sorts. I've been unsuccessful in every other attempt so far, so we'll see how long this sticks. Even though this venue is a bit more public, I feel it less creepy than MySpace, my "other' source of blogging. What I'll attempt to do here is just write, random or not. Not sensor my cursing or thoughts. The first person who balks or says shit, well, can take a hike, it's my blog, right? I don't always use the best punctuation, I try to use spellcheck...so no comments from anyone on that, mmmkay? So my title is, "Not just a mommy blog, or so I hope..." well, given the state I'm in, I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything else, at least not for.... five years or so.
For starters, I'm currently 32 weeks (one week for every year I am old!) and 5 days pregnant with my first baby, a boy. He's due August 20th, but like every woman wishes, I'm hoping that he'll arrive a tad bit earlier, but not before 37 weeks. So far Baby Boy, let's call him Little D, has been perfect as far as pregnancies go. I've had no morning sickness, no emergencies...just some major fatigue and sciatica. Based on other symptoms I read about, not too freakin' bad! I'm starting to sleep even more horribly than I ever have. Just as soon as I settle into a spot and doze off, the hip or back wakes me up and I have to do the pillow dance of getting comfortable again. Last night I had what I think was my first dose of horrible heartburn. I had to go lay down in another room and convince myself it wasn't' a heart attack, asthma attack, or even early labor. But after relaxing and a Tums...all seemed to be okay again. Braxton Hicks contractions, if you haven't heard of them read, they're fun, have been coming a LOT more regularly as of this weekend. MMMmmm the warm up for the real thing, or so I hear.
I've been pretty lucky on not getting the unsolicited advice from every woman who's "done this" whole pregnancy thing before. Only one stranger has touched my belly, and that was in the cafeteria by someone I don't know at the "other" company who we share our dining with. In all honestly I don't mind that so much. It's the, "you're due when, you're so small" comments that I mind. Yes, I know I don't look like I'm about to pop out a baby in a month, er, 7 weeks and counting. Do I need YOU to remind me, nope! Trust me, I eat, a lot. I eat junk food, I eat healthy food. There's one aspect to my pregnancy thus far that might be considered a regret. There are times that I wish I didn't go through with a surgery I had over nine years ago (you can Google Gastric Bypass on your own time, I'm not helping with this one). That's a whole other story for another time. I'm not regretful of the surgery as an entirety, I'm sure it has a lot to do with who and where I am today. But I do think it "robbed" me of some symptoms I'd otherwise have, mainly a bigger rounded belly! Oh the irony...Not fat enough after all I went through! But, on the other hand, I know that said surgery has allowed me to have such an "uneventful" time so far.
I see the best part of an hour has passed while posting this...so I'm going to stop myself here. I'll try to add things as they come to my mind. That by the way, is yet another topic, pregnancy brain. It's not just a myth!
Surprising about your thoughts on your surgery! Veddy interesting. I'm sorry that you feel that way -- I think you look great! Little man is healthy, and you're healthy, so that's all that matters, right?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely that's all that matters, that we're both healthy. I wouldn't want to go back to the "way I was"... but there's times that I wish I could eat like a normal person, drink like a normal person, be round like a normal pregnant person...But like I said, it is what helped to make me who I am today and put me where I am today, so not sure I'd do it all over again if I could...
ReplyDelete