Google Analytics Code

Thursday, September 10

Best Buy and the PS3

We’re not gamers, at all. However, last year I’m sure I mentioned that Sean wanted a Blu-Ray player. After the great debate of HD vs. Blu-Ray was decided we now had to choose the player, and all reports listed the Playstation 3 as THE BEST on the market, hands down.

So, we bit the bullet and got the PS3. At the time of purchase, BB told us they only had the 40GB models in stock, and they were not getting any more 80 GB because they were going to be replaced by the 120GB. Well, this clearly is untrue, they do make the 80 GB and 120 GB. Anyways, focus Amy. Long story short: said PS3 died Monday. We were ready to bury it when I though, likely with a large purchase we get the protection plans. I called the Reward Zone line, because naturally I don’t have any of the paperwork, and viola! We bought the protection plan and it is good through February 2010! I called for the details on getting our system fixed. Turns out, it’s too old, so they take the old unit and mail them away for a refurbished model. Hmmm, this didn’t sound so great, but it was still free. Further researching online, we learned that the 80 GB and 120 GB units retail for $299.99, less than we paid for the 40 GB, so Sean decides to try for an exchange instead. They said sure! No problem! One catch: no units in stock until today. Two stores and Sean tracked down the shiny new, free PS3 120 GB Slim player! Hello! Top it off? They rolled the old protection plan over, and he got a refund for the price difference. This is what the refund purchased!

No comments:

Post a Comment