All is looking good. I asked the nurse my pre-pregnancy weight, and to date I have gained 19 pounds with these twins. Withe 'Lil D, I gained a total of 25. I think the babies are in for a healthy ride! My measurements are right on, ultrasound revealed: no previa(!), babies heads are down with larger baby A in first position (!). All-in-all, I felt a good visit. My doc is still pushing that I'll have a c-section, but my stubbornness and fear of the knife had to show him he could be wrong. While I am a higher risk of c-section delivery because of multiples, age, pre-term labor, etc, the fact that both babies are lining up properly and head down gives me the edge to try at least vaginally. I know there are risks, especially with the second child, but we will see as the big day approaches. I have several Douala referrals that I want to meet to help me stick to my guns. I can feel the pressure to deliver the "easy" way, but easy in this case is just not appealing to me. Time will tell, and hopefully the babies will not turn! Oh yes, twins are also notorious for not staying in position and becoming breech. I admit, if they breech, the prospect and thought of manually turning them sounds worse than the c-section, so I'll back off!
In closing and leaving, my doc asked if I had any other concerns. I said well my hips and legs have been very painful. He chuckles, "Get used to that!" Thanks doc. Sigh....
In any event, here's to another healthy uneventful 14 +/- weeks! Wowza!
Yay! Happy update!! I'm proud of you for staying firm on the no c-section. GO GIRL!
ReplyDelete