Google Analytics Code

Monday, April 30

Likeness

This weekend emphasized the need for me to be a part of something that is more of a likeness to my family's lifestyle. I am a member of a local Twins club, but NEVER have the time to do anything with them! I miss every monthly meeting because it is on a Monday night and I wake up so early for work the next day. Last week I decided to join the group and go out for a Mother's Day celebration the Saturday before Mother's day! I was hesitant after not doing anything with them so long about not fitting in, being in a social situation alone with out Sean...but the bottom line is, we ALL have something in common! I mean seriously, we all have at least two kids of the same age as one another, if not three, plus more if there are siblings! Saturday the whole family got up and out on the spur of the moment to go to a Twins club garage sale and support the group. We got a few items, a toy, some clothes...and it was nice to talk to a few of the moms! I am excited to go to the dinner now, even if I don't know everyone.
Sunday I met a new mom to twins who came over to buy a couple of bouncy chairs for her new twins, and it felt nice to talk to someone who is where I was a year ago, and to be asked advice about twins as if I knew something!
These feelings come and go and sometimes I deny needing or wanting new friends. I dislike starting over because I get comfortable, but I have admit here that living in a small town not knowing many, it would be nice to be more a part of a community that helps out one another! Our family is in a space of not many dates out, time alone, or any activities that are not kid-centric, something that is a complete 180 from a few years ago. Even with just one kid it was a bit easier to up and go if we needed to, or find a pinch sitter for a night out...Now, notsomuch. After talking with Sean, he's also offered up for me to just go to these Monday night meetings once a month, it will be a pizza night for him and the kids!
So, here's so starting new and hoping to find some common ground with some other moms out there who have been there or are doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment