I deserve a break already!
May has been a busy month and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon, but busy sometimes is good. Tonight Sean and I are going out to Left Coast Live, thanks to Scott and Renee who are babysitting for us! This will make our now second night out without baby in a week practically, we are on a roll! The rest of the weekend we'll be doing neglected projects around the house and staying cool. We were going to go to Boogie on the Bayou, but not sure we'll make it after all because of the heat, the crowds, and we'll just spend too much money! Next weekend is a long weekend which will be nice. 'Lil D has his 9 month appointment on Friday, we've got a BBQ on Sunday, Monday is a holiday, so that leaves Saturday to fill with something like relaxing! The following weekend is Scott's birthday BBQ, but I am also supposed to be bartending a birthday party for the couple who throws the big Superbowl parties every year. It's been nearly two years since I have tended bar, so I'm excited and nervous that I forgot everything! (the host's advice was, just keep pouring shots and you'll be fine!)
The baby is doing wonderful and looking more and more like a little boy daily than a baby. He's still favoring the idea of walking before crawling, who can blame him since most of our house is tiled, and that can't feel good on the knees! I had a great mother's day last weekend. This started off with daddy getting up with the baby and allowing me to sleep a few more minutes, feeding baby, making us breakfast, and finishing off the evening with making us steaks and bringing me flowers! Baby and daddy both got me very sweet cards! I talked to my own mother for the first time since October on the phone. This was a brief conversation and didn't get very deep. My conflict is now that she 's wanting to visit for D's first birthday, or around this time. I am not sure I'm ready for that. TBD.
The BFing saga seems to have come to an end. I had to call the advice nurse line earlier this week who determined that some pain I was having was due to a plugged duct. Naturally after making that call, I felt better, and have been pain free since Wednesday night. I just may be over this hump, and back to normal, or as normal as can be in that area!
No comments:
Post a Comment