Google Analytics Code

Thursday, August 20

One year checkup


I'm happy to report that we had a great check-up yesterday for 'Lil D's one year appointment.
He now weighs 22.12 lbs and is 30" long. He got only one injection for the measles, and the rest will be staggered throught the year, or next month. Kaiser gives out little one page pamphlets with each busy to act as a guidline of where your baby should be at. I'm happy to report we've pretty much met all milestones or are doing everything else mostly on track withoug knowing it like encouraging the self-feeding, transitioning off of formula and onto milk, phasing out bottles, brushing teeth (!). Things we need to work on is more reading and having the TV on less.
We do have an appointment next week with a pediatric cardiologist to take a closer look at a heart murmer that was detected in the ER when we were there for a febrile seizure. The pediatrician confirmed the murmer was present, though very mild. I am impressed so far all of the doctors I've encountered at Kaiser have been very thorough and erring on the side of caution.
I'm looking forward to having a houseful next weekend to celebrate his (and my) birthday! If I can only get that maid service to come by...

No comments:

Post a Comment