Google Analytics Code

Wednesday, January 13

Just a few updates

Since we’ve relocated, we’ve really settled into the new house nicely! So much that I’ve become obsessed with surfing new property listings in the area, just in case, we have to leave when our lease is up. I never thought I’d like a “small town” as much as I do.  I have everything I need in town (except a Trader Joes, which would fit in nicely to replace one of the 4 or 5 SaveMart’s), and can cover the whole town in ten minutes. I don’t look back on San Jose for many reasons, mostly being that I don’t like the rush rush rush and hustle and bustle, and I don’t think it’s good to look back at what you cannot change.  Having a spare room/designated office is awesome once again! Our layout is so open with lots of natural light, and the rumpus room for D is perfect for him to run around and make mess. One of the harder adjustments is having a laundry room inside as opposed to the garage, and keeping up on laundry with our crazy long schedules.

Ah, schedules. The key? Adjust and readjust. I’ve found a carpool that has been working out (except for the fact that she’s on vacation this week) which helps to break up the driving tasks. I’ve switched my schedule to 7-3:30, give or take, allowing me to get back home at a relatively decent hour. Sean has adjusted his schedule to taking a later train so he can drop off D to daycare. We each pitch in, the job gets done. Is it easy waking up at 4:30?  Hell no! Am I insane? Maybe. But it’s like the discussions I’ve had with my neighbor last week, and my nail lady; you do what’s best for your family. Here we can afford to provide a home in a nice quiet neighborhood, and come home to a house we enjoy!  I also love living on a quiet cul-de-sac where kids play all hours just riding their bikes and having fun! There’s hardly any traffic, and everyone waves to each other. I would not have that in San Jose, anywhere. You can’t put a price tag on that!  

Every night I thank the sleep gods that D has become the easiest kid to put down. Seriously! About a month or so ago we gave up our after dinner milk and traded that in for during dinner milk. I was afraid there’d be some resistance, but no! We have dinner, bath (or shower) and then he gets changed, says “ni ni” and is down in the crib. I always say, “I love you, sweet dreams, turning the lights out now”, and he’s in dreamland. Lately he’s been so not ready to wake up that Sean has to actually get him up in the mornings. With the exception of a few molars, it’s been a dream!

Only one business trip tentatively planned for the year (so far), all the way to San Francisco. Score!

…more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment