Google Analytics Code

Friday, September 23

The Snip and other stuff

The babies are just over nine months old and I have barely posted anything about them, let that be an indicator as to how busy life is. When I say busy, that's all relative. For example, we aren't busy running about town, doing family fun outings and trip, by busy I mean getting up, working, commuting, dinners, baths and crashing. By busy I mean do all of the above, look up and realize that nine months have passed! We don't do a lot of "fun" family stuff outside the home, and I'm okay with that. It would be nice to get out more, but it's not in the budget or time. There's always another meal to plan, another nap to be had. Frankly, we're not home so often during the week, the last thing I want to do is be out and about and on the go. I hate leaving my house, really. So, beyond the basics like groceries, when the weekend comes, it's party inside! I know as the babies get older, this will change a bit, but for now it's our thing. M-F is a schedule, I prefer to follow no schedules on weekends.
Snip I say? Yeah, I did. Vasectomy. While pregnant with the twins it was pretty much decided that was it for the family. Since I'd endured two pregnancies and three deliveries, Sean stepped up to say that he knew that mean the ball(s) would be in his court to do something as I was not going to get my tubes tied nor take pills for the rest of my menses-able life. So, this week we attended an orientation in which you get to learn more about the procedure, get a consent form signed by a nurse, and begin a waiting period to set up an appointment. I find it oddly strange that I'm kind of sad about this. I mean, no, I don't want any more kids, I can't afford it financially and don't have the time, but it's just so permanent. I love Sean's explanation to me of why it doesn't bother him and why he is ready, he feels we have the family we were meant to have. So, the soonest this can be arranged, he's going in! I'll be free of birth control pills and worry forever in a few months! Sorry for the TMI.
Kid updates: D turned three last month, we go for his checkup on Tuesday. He's pretty much masted the potty training, except for sleeping. This kid does NOT wake up when he is down. We've accepted this means that for now he'll wear a diaper (pull up does not hold a night's worth of pee) at night. During the day he's been in underwear, naps are hit and miss. Again, he does not wake up at all when he's out. He is still funny, goofy, sweet, challenging as ever. The twins are now both crawling. K pulls herself up to standing, L just goes to his knees. K has no teeth, L has one. They are eating solids 2-3x a day of fruit, veggies or yogurt. I have not introduced meats yet. Frankly, we haven't been buying organic meats as exclusively as I'd like to so I'm okay in prolonging this step. Seriously though, I can't wait until we can go to cow milk, formula for two is freaking expensive, let's not talk diapering for two, okay!?
That's about all for now. I wish I had something to transcribe thoughts as they come to me. While I drive I tend to compose thoughts in my head that I mean to blog about, but then I get to work and I don't have the time. I'm seriously procrastinating a lot of work at the moment because I need a break. I have been non-stop working on a huge project pretty much since I returned to work after maternity leave. This is a mixed blessing because I feel like I'm finally being productive! It also means no down time, which is for the better. I'm not sure I can talk about the project, so I'll just keep quiet as to specifics. I'm grateful for the work that I have, so we'll keep it at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment