The original posting is here, I found the link through this blogsite.
After trying a few different paper towel brands, Bounty is the best and worth the few extra dollars.
In place of the baby wash, I use Almond Castile liquid soap (peppermint was a bit much, but any scent you like would work). The coconut oil make you feel so clean and moisturized afterwards! There's been zero irritation after. I accidentally recycled all of our store-bought wipe containers and just use a large enough Tupperware with a lid. When we go out I tear off a bunch and put in a baggie, viola!
Recipe is helpful (update 4/9):
- 1 roll Bounty select-a-size wipes, cut in half (don't use a serrated knife)
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil
- 4 C water
- Dash or two of baby wash or Castile soap (mentioned above)
Heat about half of the water with the coconut oil to liquify, add to remaning water with wash/soap and stir. Place each half of the paper towels in a container, pour mixture over (divided by half) each roll cover and let soak in for a few minutes. Remove the inside roll from towels, use!
Next I need to try the all purpose wipes, but I don't love the idea of ammonia...
No comments:
Post a Comment