Well, I feel it's been a pretty productive weekend, enough so where I can feel confidant that I don't feel bad sitting on my ass typing this. Saturday morning we woke up relatively early (7:30 for a Saturday is early...Yes, I know this is still a luxury pre-baby, let me enjoy) because we were driving up to, or out to Modesto. Sloan is spending the week with her "nana" and going to do some grandma/granddaughter bonding, she'll be a counselor at vacation bible school, and do some other fun activities as well as get spoiled as grandparents like to do. The other motivation behind making the drive was that Sean's mom and grandpa let us take a recliner/rocker of their hands for us to use for the rest of the pregnancy and nursing. Yay!!! We had a nice little visit, got to see brother-in-law, grandpa, and had lunch with the fam as well as one of Sean's friends from way back, Cat! We the loaded up the recliner and made our way back home, and had a nice little breakfast for dinner. I actually hate breakfast as a dinner, but my concession is to make B.L.T.s!
Sunday morning we got up with the dogs barking. Whatever, always annoying. Anyways after taking our time, my wonderful husband decided that he was going to tackle the office, which is going to be my mom's room while she is here, and eventually will become 'lil D's room. Sean made the suggestion that I might go check out Linens 'N Things since they are going out of business, and see if there were some new sheets we can get for the spare room, and other items we might need. I was like, hmm okay, little mission. Well, the store sucks! I can deal with the fact that it's been picked over and not a lot of stuff left. What I can't deal with is jacked up prices to make it look like you're getting a bargain. I found a basic white sheet set (fitted, flat, and pillow cases). It was a higher thread count, but nothing like "Egyptian cotton" or something super fancy. Anyways, after standing in line, getting kicked in the ribs, waiting for numerous price checks ahead of me...I get my turn. I, of course, don't have a price on my sheets, but figure based on the other items in similar area, it's around $35. Wrong! $99 with the 40% discount, for fucking sheets! Needless to say I was like peace out bitches, I'll go with any other plan, or what we already have. As to not waste my trip out to the mall, I went to Motherhood Maternity, or mecca to pregnant women, and found me some nursing tanks that actually fit! They are also so discreet that I can actually wear them as is, around the house, the look just like regular tanks! Stoked.
When I returned home, I had a spare room! Sean had it all cleaned out, closet emptied, floor uncluttered, desk cleaned! It is ready for a guest, or baby! Since he'd done so much work, I felt compelled to do something productive. I said, time to install the car seat bases, just in case. This way, we either know how to do it, or it's done and we don't have to worry about it in the haste of rushing to the hospital. Now, I've heard nothing but this procedure is very difficult to do. That you should go to the local police departments to have them checked out, etc. Well, the instructions looked a bit intimidating at first, but this was mostly because I thought it had to be rocket science. Um, you take the seat belt that exists, loop it through just as diagrammed, and viola! You have a car seat base installed. Newer cars even have these latches built in as an extra measure of security. So, two cars are ready to rock and roll. I feel confidant that they're done properly. And a good thing, because I called last week to make an appointment to get his done, and they were booked until the end of August. Not very helpful considering baby should already be here. I should add, I called the SJPD and the CHP, both were booked, and the number for the Sheriff's office was disconnected (WTF).
That brings me to present time. I have some meat in the oven that's been slow cooking for 8 hours that needs my attention. And by attention, I mean eating!
Ahhhhh 2 more days of work ahead of me, that's it! Have a good night y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment