Google Analytics Code

Friday, August 8

TGIF, I think

I'm pretty sure it is Friday. Who knows anymore. The days will soon start running together the more time off I have. But, I did go to the doctor today, so yes, it is indeed a Friday. Next week it is on a Thursday and sure as hell will confuse me.
So, the baby lowdown is he is low down. Slowly, and I mean slowly starting to dilate. 1/2 centimeter from last week and a total of 1/2 centimeter. It's not a fun or pleasant experience having them check that, but I'm not in the mood for surprises and want to know exactly what track I'm moving on here. So, I am very happy to hear that everything is moving along. Looking like we'll be delivering more on-time than early as I hoped for. Yes, I admit, I'm frustrated and a bit sad. I just want to meet the little guy already. I'm growing increasingly more uncomfortable with each day. My back aches. My feet hurt. And I started cramping last night, though this is a very good sign! One can only still hope. I mean, the end is near one way or another, right? The midwife we saw today also said that there are theories out there that the pelvic exams "can" sometime move things along with the pushing and prodding. So...you never know.
Started maternity leave on Wednesday. It's been nice because Sean didn't go into the office for two days and I had company. I have to admit that having this week alone, just the two of us has been a heavenly break and vacation. Today I'm all alone and kind of sad, again. I opened the office door this morning to put something away and the baby stroller made me cry. Ugh! If I can just keep my emotions in check for the next two weeks, all will be well! I did half of my errands yesterday and am procrastinating doing the other half now. I have to buy a few shower gifts. I'm pulling double duty tomorrow by going to a baby and a bridal shower. Please give me strength to make it through both! Mom comes out on Tuesday to help out with things. I think the company will be nice. We just need to work on not driving each other nuts. Especially on my end, since my fuse is pretty darn short lately. She works for Ikea and has already transferred over to the closest location to us, and they want her to start next week. The challenge is to figure out a scheduled that will work for all of us, the cars, and baby. Oh yeah, the alternator died in our 3rd car this week. We'd debated on whether or not to let mom drive that because it's not the most reliable of vehicles. And just when I think it's safe, I go to start it up and nothing...just click click click. Mom volunteered to pay for the parts (or grandma did really), need to figure that one out, and see about having Sean replace it.
We saw Cruefest on Wednesday. We had a great time! On the bill was; Trapt, Sixx AM, Papa Roach, Buckcherry, and Motley Crue. I was looking forward to seeing Buckcherry the most and they put on an awesome set. Josh Todd did some talking in between "Lit Up" and "Crazy Bitch" which was hilarious. His definitions and stories about Crazy Bitches were too freaking funny. And I'm glad he can be just a rude in talking as some of the lyrics. If you go to Shoreline for a show, splurging for the premier parking is highly advisable! We parked right in front of the entrance, score! And what are the odds, ok, at the time of incident, approximately 1 in 100, I got bird shat on! Yes, sitting in my seat, I feel this warm plop on my hand and lap, turn around to see what asshole spilled on me, realize that asshole did a fly-by and took a crap! Thankfully, I thought ahead of the evening, anticipating horrible bathroom conditions and had baby wipes with me. Ah the beginning of motherhood paid off baby! Speaking of Shoreline...the venue itself is great for a show. This time, however, the concessions sucked! We both really wanted garlic fries, so that was the first thing we migrated to. Cold and greasy, and $7. We then decided on a hot dog, cold. Sean's wasn't even in it's friggin bun! They took the package, threw in a bun and tossed in a dog...not opening the bun to insert said dog! Hello! The nachos were the only thing that were about as good as could be expected. Beer selection at events like this are always challenging, especially if you're a DevilBoy, but he found some Sam Adams and a margarita. Sprite and bottled water for me, thank you!
Time to run those errands!
Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment