Google Analytics Code

Friday, September 26

Well here I am

I know I signed up for this blogging thing as a means to type out my thoughts, daily. I guess I didn't factor on how much a newborn needs your attention, and what a luxury this is. Or more realistically, I don't get out much lately and so there's not a whole lot of new things to report. Being home with 'Lil D is completely awesome though. Every day he does something cute or funny that I think is the most amazing thing. Today, he did a few genuine smiles for me while awake! His reflexes have him smiling a ton in his sleep. Yesterday he managed a few half smiles, but today I got two huge grins that had me bawling! There isn't words to describe looking down at the most precious face that you created (ok, half) and have him smile back at you! I caught it on tape:

Otherwise, looking forward to having Sean home for a full month starting next Wednesday! We'll be having some changes going on in our house in the next few weeks as well. It was mutually decided that having my mom staying here isn't the most beneficial for either party and she will be returning to Florida and starting over again there.
Breastfeeding is probably the most time consuming thing I've ever done. Imagine being at someone's beck and call every few hours. I love it and hate it. I can definitely see why some women don't choose to do it. I am, however, committed to doing what is best for the baby and will stick it out. I went and bought a much better grade pump yesterday to help me out. I'm determined to get some storage milk going for bottles so we/I am not tied to this house forever. Personally, I am not a fan of public feeding/nursing, so I have been uncomfortable leaving the house for any amount of time. But this week I managed to do a few errands just me and D, we went to my post-partum doctor appointment, and yesterday ventured to Target all by ourselves!
Baby interuptus... sighning off for now...

2 comments:

  1. I found you from over at Heathers blog your little guy is so cute I had my son exactly a week after Devlin was born and he just started the smiling too isnt it the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best! Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete