Baby and family are doing great. I'll stick to my random bulleted format since it's easier to not have to compose thoughts:
- Breastfeeding: He is doing well with it. He needs to stay awake to eat more at a given feeding though! I am hoping my milk regulates soon because it gets to be painful if it's not all emptied...It is certainly time consuming, however. And be prepared to be a slave to your house for a month, if you follow the books. I'm not introducing a bottle until four weeks. We're not doing a "binkie" either. I'm not into BFing in public myself. So, I'm at babie's beck and call which is about every hour and a half to three hours (just like the books say). Errands are done fast and furiously if at all because of this. Two weeks down, two to go and we'll see about pumping and storing.
- I really am digging our travel system. Any time you don't need to wake a sleeping baby, HELLO! He's been on a few outings and gone from the house into his car seat, to the car, to the stroller and back again...all without batting an eyelash. A crying baby in the car is very stressful. I haven't tackled driving alone with him yet, I think he's too small and I'm certainly too paranoid thus far.
- Swaddling is the way to go for ensured sleep. I am way too challenged to get a good swaddle on and usually have to wake up Sean or count on him to do this before we go to bed. Middle of the night I try praying for the best. Receiving blankets that are sold in the stores are too small for this. Procure the blankies from the hospitals, those are the best. I also ordered these in hopes that their 17 extra inches (47" x 47" vs. 30" x 30") around help me out.
- There's very few items you need for a newborn. Yeah, the standard of clothes, diapers, wipes, car seat are no brainers. Grandpa bought him a swing which he seems to dig, but maybe that's because he's usually asleep in it. In any event, it seems to be soothing. Have enough clean clothes for a few changes a day. Spit up and peeing are a sure bet for getting on you.
- Laundry, laundry, laundry! You'll forever do laundry, I do at least a load a day myself if I'm home. More on the weekends.
- Take a shower whenever you can. I find this more helpful than a nap which I never seem to do. But a shower makes me feel human again after all the bodily fluids you get to wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment