Google Analytics Code

Friday, June 19

Recipe! (sorry, it's baby food...)

I've been very intimidated by meats and adding protein into the baby food making process myself.
Yeserday I decided to get over my protein fear and try it out. The result: success!

Here's my baby "chicken stew":

In a crock pot add:
4 chicken breasts
4-5 medium carrots
1 celery stalk
1/4 onion (optional)
2/3 cup semolina pastini (like Earth's Best)
Water

put all ingredients in the crock pot except pasta, fill with water until covered.
Set to high for 4.5 hours.
After 4.5 hours, add pasta, cover for additional 30 minutes.
Remove celery and onion (optional), and puree with hand blender til smooth, or desired consistency.

(let cool) and feed to baby!

He loved it! In fact, I am thinking of new combinations to make like beef with barley (maybe some spinach now that he's 10 months old), turkey and sweet potatoes, or basically a lean meat and lots of veggies that he likes. A little goes a very long way, and way cheaper and healthier than even the best jarred foods! I knew I had to do something when the kid ate two 4 oz jars at dinner the other night, plus dessert (dessert is fruit, don't freak out).

Yay for new foods and the ease of preparing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment