Google Analytics Code

Friday, January 9

End 'o the week wrap up

Ah, Friday! The day we wait for all week! Not a whole lot of eventful things happened this week. The most notable was yesterday when I had to try to balance working from home with baby, alone. We got a call in the evening on Wednesday that our daycare provider wouldn't be accepting kids on Thursday because she was sick, and Friday was up in the air. Since Sean already had Friday scheduled off as a vacation day for a 4 day birthday weekend, it was decided I should take Thursday off, or at least try to work remotely, in case daycare was closed also on Friday, then daddy could have the baby. Overall, it went pretty well. I got the most accomplished in the morning because after baby wakes up, he hangs out for a bit and is usually good for a nap around 9am, which is the longest nap I ever get him to take. The rest of the awake time was a balance of one-hand typing and working, and using the activity chair and jumparoo as entertainment. I completed a few projects and was able to get and respond to any and all emails. Success in my book. Was it easy? No. Could I do it on a regular basis? Probably not. But it is good to know that in a pinch, I can do it. Daycare was back open today, so 'Lil man is over there and daddy gets a whole day of rest and relaxation, to himself! Lucky bastard!
Tomorrow is said lucky bastard's real 42nd birthday. I'm very stoked to have pulled together a good-sized group of friends for a "surprise" birthday dinner and open invitation to come back to our house after. I even managed to get a couple smaller gifts, and wrapped them, all ahead of time. It is not a surprise that his big gift will be a bass guitar that he's wanted to learn, but that will be a bit delayed due to finances. Last year was a PS3. Hmmmm, I really need to think things over more on my birthdays, all I asked for last year was to give birth! (Okay, I did get to go to Crue Fest and see Buckcherry, finally, and flowers!)
Lastly, the haircut is coming tomorrow! Naturally every woman I saw today getting my coffee and breakfast had the A-line cut I'm trying to achieve. I'll be getting my highlights done next week. I just can't afford the hours I need to devote to doing it tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment