almost. No carpool for me tomorrow or the next few days as Sean is taking off until Wednesday. That sucks! Oh, but I will take Monday off for MLK Jr. day as daycare is closed. This weekend, off to Modesto. If you clicked on this link you'll see one of the claim to fame's of the town is:
"It is reported to have had the highest car theft per capita rate in the United States in 2005 and 2006. It dropped to fifth in 2007[2], but regained the top spot in 2008.[3] "
Not to disappoint, Sean's brother's car was stolen from here about a year ago. But we're actually going for our annual late holiday/birthday celebration with the mom-in-law and her husband, as well as Grandpa. This trip we'll also be meeting Sean's biological father as well as his uncle and their families. I think it will be interesting. I'm not nervous as much as curious. I find this whole journey pretty fascinating to find your family after 40 years. Some of us spend that long (ok, I'm not that old) trying to lose half the family we already know, and here my husband is finding family he never knew he had! Pretty cool. This will also be our first "travel" with baby. We've never been overnight anywhere with him. But grandma should spoil him pretty good, I may have 2 arms for a better part of the trip! Ok, we're only going overnight, it sounds like I'm talking a week. Hey, anything over a few hours these days, aside from work, can be a chore.
Last night, was pretty much hell. Put the baby down with no issues as usual at his bedtime. I went to bed myself around 9:30, fell asleep while watching my TiVo'd 90210 (no comments), but was woken up at 10:12 by baby crying. Got him up, calmed him down, swaddled VERY loosely, and back to bed. I'm trying really hard to break the swaddling cycle as I think he's getting too big and will hurt himself trying to get out. Anyways, baby woke back up at 2am. I wrapped him up, fed him, rocked him as he was still up. He fell asleep, I put him down. Not five minutes later, up crying. Dad heard him and came to get him. I was attempting to let him cry himself to sleep. Not so much selfishly as I was tired, but I knew (or so I thought) he had everything he needed and was just being stubborn. So, fast forward to about 4:15, I finally get him to calm down and asleep in my arms after we both tried, and a bottle and a half later. Our alarm was slated to ring at 5, we changed it to 5:30. Naturally he woke up at 5:09, at which point I brought him to bed and had him fall back asleep on me riding out the alarm clock. We thought it was teething, but baby Orajel didn't seem to bring relief. I hope it is just a phase. I hope this wasn't anything serious, or signs of a pattern. I hope tonight is better, because I'm just short of useless today. So yes, last night was hell. He was in great spirits this morning though at least!
Saturday brought a successful birthday for DevilBoy! I thank everyone who came out to help celebrate! Sushi, drinks, and Rock Band made for a very fun night. I really think Sean enjoyed himself and I am happy (and a little proud) to have pulled off gathering up some troops and surprising him, just a little bit, with my planning.
BFing news. Still going day by day. I'm trying to fit in an additional pumping session at home that I had cut out. This is replaced by a formula bottle for little one to ensure he gets more to eat, and I can have more fresh milk for the daycare. On Tuesday night at this pump session I had the lowest amount I've ever pumped, like 1 oz total. Usually, on an average, I'm 5 oz. Our bottles hold 5 oz, so I usually gauge by bottles and say if I can produce 3 bottles for the next day, I'm okay with that. I used to be able to get out 4 bottles. While I'm not knocking myself out to build the supply, I'm drinking my water and Mother's Milk Tea 2-3x daily. I nurse at least 2-3x a day. I pump 2-3 times a day, and take it as it comes. My body will let me know how to handle things and my emotions will catch up. It will be fine.
I received yet another email from my mother this week, whom I'm still not talking to. I wrote her back in bullet form addressing her every point. I have not heard back. I take it she is not happy with my responses. More on that later, maybe. Time to leave work!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment