*** Slightly edited version as my husband likes to point out my use of run-on sentences when I am mad and typing.***
Would you be pissed?
Yesterday I scheduled to work from home because I had two doctor's appointments, one for a general physical and one for an eye exam. First appointment in the morning with the GP was fine. In and out, nice guy, no bubbles no troubles. My eye exam scheduled for 1:50, I check in at 1:44. By 2:05 I was not called yet so inquired how much longer at the front desk. The receptionist calls the doctor and he says 2-3 minutes. The doctor comes right out, calls another patient. I speak up, rather loudly, to the doctor and front desk saying, I thought I was next? He says she's next (mom with her youngish daughter), it will be about 20-30 minutes. I say this is not okay, I took the day and time off of work and I need to wait an hour? He shrugs and says, so you can't wait? And goes in with his patient.
I hash out with the receptionist for the next 10 minutes, who tells me he always runs late. My point to the receptionist is that my time is just as valuable as the doctor's time. In fact I am paying to come to the office as well as taking time from my work to be here and be seen. An appointment is an appointment, and if I were 30-60 minutes late you can be damn sure I'd be sent away and told to reschedule. So, in a nutshell, I get my copay refunded, and left. I went home, sent a nasty gram to the "compliment" line, and rescheduled for a Saturday afternoon with another doctor.
Do you think this is wrong? Does anyone really feel that because you are paying to see a medical doctor that you should have to accept being treated like your time is not valuable? I make a point to be on time for things, and feel that appointments should be kept. If you know that an appointment is running over, I also believe it is the duty and obligation of the front desk to tell me up front that Dr. X is running late, do you have time to wait, or would you like to reschedule? Had I know in advance, I'd have prepared to sit and deal with it. Yes, I could have waited, but out of principal, they can kiss it! I didn't want to see that jerk after the lobby incident anyways!
No comments:
Post a Comment