Google Analytics Code

Monday, July 21

My weekend

Another week down, two more to go, at least as far as work goes. Last week was a pretty good one. Well, honestly, I can't remember most of it but Friday was good at least! We had a 35 week doctor appointment in which we found out the baby is in position and that I'm negative for GBS/Strep B. Yay, no meds needed for delivery! We also start going to the doctor every week after next Friday until baby comes. I have all my paperwork to begin maternity leave, August 5th is my last day! Hoping to make Cruefest on August 6th...
Saturday Sloan had her 13th birthday BBQ party at the house. It was perfect in that I didn't need to go anywhere! We spent Friday and Saturday cleaning and shopping. Sean even built a dog run (I forgot to take pictures) for the puppies! It's nice to finally have a secure area for them if and when we have guest over and we don't want the interruption of hungry/jumping/dirty puppies! All the girls seemed to have a pretty good time... they played Guitar Hero, water balloons, water guns, pool... ate, snacked, drank, made a mess, cleaned it up...and had a garage dance party. Don't ask, but it was cute, one of them brought a strobe light. The funniest part was when Sloan came to tell dad the speakers were broken because the sound was going in and out. When he went to investigate he discovered they were listening to some trance music, and the music was bouncing off the speakers in sequence...fully utilizing surround sound!
We were fortunate to have company throughout the party with our friends Scott and Renee, Sherri, and Josh. We all (most of us) lasted from about noon til 9pm sitting around eating and drinking and shooting the shit.
Sunday morning we woke up fairly early and made pancakes to fill up the kids and send them off. And then....I parked my ass on the couch and didn't move pretty much all day! It was everything I imagined, and more. I'd get up for bathroom breaks, a drink, and then back down. Had some snacks on standby. Of course this was all great until it came time to go to bed and I couldn't get to sleep when I wanted to...Oh well. I got to watch my Next Food Network Star show. I can't believe they didn't eliminate anyone and are taking 3 to the finale. LAME. I think I'm still pushing for Aaron.
Well, Monday rolled around far too soon. I'm thinking it will be another uneventful week ahead...But I guess you'll just have to be glued to this site to find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment