Google Analytics Code

Monday, July 14

I think I need the Gripe water...

Ok, haven't had to use it obviously yet, because it's for actual babies, but there is such a thing as grip water. Had a pretty great weekend but I'm starting to feel anxious and fussy as of last night/ this morning. The good stuff first. Friday work threw us a baby shower! We got several items needed or wanted off the registry, as well as a very nice gift certificate to Target. Sean and I promptly went ahead to Target on Saturday to do some damage. We got the crib mattress, a pump, some sleepers, blankies, binkies, bath wash, diaper bag, socks...and a whole lot of other goodies that I can't even recall at the moment.
Sunday we woke up early so Sean could finish a project in the backyard that basically gives the dogs a dog run so they will be able to be sectioned off the side of the house so DC (DevilChild) can have her birthday BBQ next Saturday. She'll have I don't know how many of her fellow teenage friends over running lose, eating, playing, shooting each other with water pistols, playing guitar hero, etc. Having woken up to the alarm clock myself early yesterday, I did so with a wild hair up my ass. Some might call it a bit of nesting, I call it...needed to get my butt in gear and accomplish some things before the guilt overwhelmed me. Since Sean began washing some of the baby clothes on Saturday, I took to finishing the task on Sunday. Oh yeah, Dreft (we got some of that at Target too)...mmm smells like baby! I also cleaned out two shelves of our walk-in closet and condensed a lot of stuff to make room for some larger baby stuff that we needed to store. So this freed up the changing table for stuff like, things needed for changing a baby! Diapers, wipes, powders, butt paste, oh my! We'd also discussed moving the crib to a different corner of the room because we are not moving our computer and desk. So I did move the crib myself, I only had to push it...no strain done. Now everything is pretty much in place, just need a baby! Actually we have a few things we do need to get like the bedding set for the crib, a side table/stand to put the lamp and wipe warmer on...can't have a cold wipe on a baby bottom! Later that afternoon we were invited to a baby shower, another fellow coworker due exactly one month after 'Lil D, this was a co-ed pool/BBQ party. Oh yeah, I even bought a bathing suit last week, yikes! We went not knowing anyone and had a really great time. All their friends were super nice and welcoming, and we felt nice and at home. The weather was awesome, the food was great, so I hope a good time was had by all!? Last night Sean grilled us up some super tasty chicken and we finished off the evening watching the premier of one of our guiltiest "reality" TV pleasures, Big Brother 10, and I went to bed to catch up on my The Next TV Food Network Star, bye Kelsey! Final three...I'd like to see Adam pull through, but I might need to root for Aaron (dude, chipotle..everyone knows what that is!), Lisa just will...annoy.
Okay...now to the griping. I felt like my belly had another growth spurt somewhere from Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. My initial inkling was after making breakfast yesterday (dude, toast) I was very out of breath. Anyways, last night going to bed I could NOT get comfortable. My back just hurt. I had to constantly shift positions which just hurt worse with every turn. This morning I was moving slower. Two pairs of shoes no longer fit, I'm down to only slip-ons. My body just aches. I got to my desk this morning and just felt guilty for feeling so over this and just overall feeling like crap. I went into the restroom at work for what is now a bi-weekly good cry. It just feels good to let it out. But really, I do feel guilty for wanting the pregnancy to end and baby to be here. I feel guilty for not loving being pregnant anymore. But I tell myself every woman has felt this way before, probably a lot sooner than me as well. We see the doctor on Friday for a progress report...and if he hangs in only two more weeks, we have a full-term and not premier.... I can do this. Two to five more weeks, I can do it...Yes I can...I hope :-(

2 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, I think it should be clarified that you didn't have to move the crib over; I would have done that for you but I was outside and had no idea what you were doing beyond organizing clothes, etc. As to everything else, you have every right to complain and should not feel guilty at all. Look at it this way: It isn't that you feel guilty about not enjoying the entire pregnant chick experience, you just are getting annoyed over all the physical aspects that have been putting a strain on you for so long. But if it means anything, I personally think you have been doing an amazing job of enduring things that no guy would even begin to consider! Not very much longer to go....and I guess I can always up the frequency of backrubs to help you out.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed -- I think everyone feels this way towards the end. Yesterday my back just ached and ached and I bawled in the morning because Pete snapped at me. You're -- clarification: ALL pregnant women -- are more sensitive, emotional and just OVER being pregnant by now. It's not supposed to be a freaking hallmark card. It's hard. Just take things one day at a time, and don't be so hard on yourself. Cry your eyes out -- and realize that you probably needed to do that for some reason.

    PS Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete