Google Analytics Code

Thursday, July 10

I think I can, I think I can

Well...birth is approximately 6 weeks away and counting down. I of course still dream it will happen before the estimated due date, but we will see. Sean and I did the tour last night of the labor and delivery/maternity ward at the hospital. I was very relieved to see how updated and new looking that floor is. I have only been to a very limited areas of the hospital grounds, but for the most part, the main building looks like it's been around for a while, as does the main lobby and conference room that I take my yoga classes in. The family building (where the OB is) is a free standing building on the grounds, which is also new, but not where you birth... So again, very happy that the maternity floor was as nice as it is. All the rooms are designed to be private, you birth in one room (provided you don't need a C-section) and then move to a mom and baby room which is a bit larger. The only discouraging part of the tour was I learned moms only get 24 hour stays after birth (2-3 with a C-section). I was kind of hoping for at least 2 days... Oh well. I said it will be fast and easy, right!!!???

In other aspects of moving forward, my mom who's coming out to help us booked her flight yesterday and will be here mid-August. Things are getting closer and plans are firming up...that is, every thing is becoming much more real.

Work: There were 5 of us who were all pregnant together, and we are down to the last two! Number 5 and I got to go see baby number 3 on Tuesday! He was so precious and prefect! Mom was doing great too, which also had me thinking, okay, maybe I really can do this? I guess it's kind of late to second guess it, huh? A coworker of mine has a baby shower planned for tomorrow. I've requested no games for this one, and it will be co-ed. I'm not used to entertaining that many work individuals, and really hope they don't expect like some kind of speech or something. I'm more of a "thanks for coming and enjoy the cake" type of person. Go ahead and mingle. What more can I really say... "My last date of work will be....I'm doing great, feeling good...". I don't mean to sound unappreciative, that's not it at all. I am very thankful for the time and thought and effort. Just with a very few exceptions, haven't really "bonded" with a lot of people here, so touched anyone even wants to show up! I'm sure I'm stressing for no reason.

Right now, I'm hoping to get through the day without falling asleep. One day closer to the weekend. Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend! At least it should cool off a bit, and by that I mean back down to the 90's or so...but at least there is a pool in the works for Sunday (Mini shout-out to you #5)!

2 comments:

  1. 24 hours??????????? Dude.

    You can totally do this. You really can. Instincts are gonna kick in and you'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete