Baby woke up at 5:45 this morning after sleeping through the night. I tested him a few times, he'd stir, I'd offer the pacifier, and he took it and fell back asleep each time. So... we got up, he ate, dad showered, I showered, changed baby, finished packing up his stuff. I had the idea to drive Sean to work today so he could go with us to the daycare and then we'd pick him up from work this afternoon. This served two purposes; 1) I had a butt load of stuff to carry being the first day and all, and 2) I wouldn't be alone right away. We loaded up the car and drove on over to the daycare, made it there only about 10 minutes behind what I'd imagined. The woman who runs it was very sweet, listened to all our instructions, asked a lot of questions about 'Lil D's schedule (eating, napping, etc.). I actually felt pretty good leaving him there. He was all smiles. There were two other little boys there checking him out, around 2 years old, and he seemed to be interested in these big but small creatures. I drove Sean to work, I have been out of the traffic loop for um, 3 months now. Newsflash: Traffic still sucks! After I dropped him off I went to get my Starbucks fix, it just happened to be next to a Gymboree that must have been waiting for a mommy and me class. That was one oops, I had to see a bunch of little ones and moms and had a guilt flash.
Up-to-date, I am home now. Walking in was a bit hard, the house was cold an empty. The kitchen light was on thanks to a teenager who's conscious of conserving energy, when it's convenient to her. Here I sit blogging and pumping (hmmm possible new blog title to replace current one). My next plan of attack is to do some vacuuming, and then off to get my long long overdue pedicure, maybe throw in a mani as well, what the heck!
I may be back later blogging out how horrible I feel. If not, we'll have a day two update tomorrow, which by the way, is hair day! It's been 12 weeks folks...
No comments:
Post a Comment