Google Analytics Code

Monday, November 17

Welp...I'm back

Back to work. The day had to come, and it's here. And you know what, it sucks! I did okay with the daycare "trial run" days because I knew they would end soon. I kept busy, ran errands, etc. This worked, because in the world I'm anonymous. I come back to work and everyone is asking about the baby, can I see pictures, etc. I'm reminded all the time what I am missing, and it just sucks. I feel horrible living so friggin far away from the office that I need to add time being away to a commute. I hate the thought that I'm away from him from 7-5 essentially. We'll get home and there will be a mad dash for getting dinner ready, and then before I know it, it will be bath time and night night. And I'm slowly getting sleepy. Here's a rundown of my schedule since last night:
  • 7:30 pm: Bath
  • 8:00 pm: attempt at tummy time
  • 8:15 pm: night time feeding
  • 9:00 pm: put down baby in crib
  • 9:00 - 10:00: get diaper bag ready, my bag ready, watch Desperate Housewives
  • 4:00 am: baby wakes, feed baby
  • 4:45 am: put baby back down
  • 4:47 am: baby sneezes (we're both getting colds), get up to clear nose
  • 4:48 am: decide I can't get sleep, alarm will ring at 5:15
  • 4:49 am: shower and get ready for work
  • 6:23 am: leave the house to drop off at daycare
  • 6:39 am: drop baby off, give kisses
  • 7:10 am: (or pretty close) pull into work
So yes, I am tired! If we can consistently get out the door and moving on the same time table, I think we'll try to shift our work hours from 7-4ish.

Other stuff:
Mervyn's is going out of business. We got some good deals, but they're also doing a ripoff sale. For example, I went last Wednesday and got Sean some jeans and Dickie's shirts, and grabbed a sleeper for the baby. The sleeper was $1.98, the store was on 30% off or more. Friday we go back to check out more stuff, I grab two more sleepers, 9 mos instead of 6 mos size, same brand, same everything, but the emblem, rings up $2.39. The SKU# was off by 4 digits (usually would indicate size and color) but the descriptions in the computer were changed. Hmmmm fishy to me! This item did not have a store tag with original price, so I'm thinking they separated packs of 3's or something and are selling for individual sales. Be cautious when buying! It just irks me.

Weirdness: I had to pump once already while at work. I was on a conference call in a room set aside for this purpose, but it's a pretty personal thing to be doing at work. But hey, as long as I can do it, I'm doing it. I can make 2 feedings generally out of one pump session, so I'm hoping this trend will continue.

Baby and I are getting colds. There's hardly anything that I can take, so waiting it out is the best option for me, and nursing for him. Oh, and rest. Convenient they throw this in when I haven't "rested" in three months to begin with, and secondly, I just started work!!! When do I rest?????????? Ugh.

Oh well. Tis the life of a working parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment