Google Analytics Code

Saturday, November 8

Saturday Randoms

I'm reminded that I've been lagging on the blog front...so I'll do some bulleted randoms:
  • Patience: I have learned that I have a surpringly huge amount of patience for the baby, and not much left for anything else. Driving home today from the mall (this will be anohter bullet point) I hit every friggin traffic light. I can sit with the crying baby for hours and try to soothe him or figure out what is wrong. Get me behind a string of red lights and I'm ready to get William 'D-Fens' Foster on anyone around me.
  • The mall (or any other public place for an "outing"): Being on leave for three months has taught me that it is awesome to get everything done during the week, so you do not have to deal with the public on the weekends when every one and their mother, father, brother, sister, and cousin are out in force. The mall was a slice of hell (and not in a good way) today when I had to run and get a few items for some presents. I had to circle three times before I decided to car stalk a mom and daughter who were looking for their car so I could just park.
  • Breastfeeding: I have come to realize in the grand scheme of life that I'll be doing this for on a short period of time, but I am enjoying it. While I was challenged at first, mostly because of the time consumption factor, we've fallen into a routine now and I have come to enjoy it (though slightly less in the middle of the night) just in time for our routine to be broken up slightly. It is certainly a bonding moment for the two of us, and at least 20 minutes of time that I really cannot do much of anything else, but focus on little one. I am very lucky that it has gone so well for us, and I will never take that for granted. The older he gets I am learning that he knows exactly what he needs from me, I don't watch the clock so much anymore, he'll let me know when he is hungry, and he is so efficient at taking what he needs and getting faster at doing it!
  • Time: Time is precious. I have little of it for anything but the little man. As I am sneaking a few to blog, he is waking from his nap. Time disappears from me, from a day like nobody's business.
I'll have more later....time to pump and rescue little one...

No comments:

Post a Comment