Google Analytics Code

Wednesday, April 15

So the battle continues

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that nursing is coming to an end. It is making me very sad and making it hard for me to concentrate on anything, but I must let go. I know when it's all said and done, I will look back and know I did a great job. I'll be relieved to an extent that it's over and we're moving on. Pumping will be a distant memory, and I'll have filled all of that time of nursing sessions and pumping with fun activities, or work.

For now, this will be a process and will not happen overnight. I must train my body to stop producing. I must train my mind to accept this ending as a new beginning, and to accept that baby is getting older and that he's happy and healthy, and accept that this is the course of nature.

It's still sad. I'm sure I'll miss my alone time with baby, but I just need to find new activities to fill those windows of time!

1 comment:

  1. You've done an amazing job!! Its hard to wean though -- I did it too fast and cried a lot.

    ReplyDelete