Google Analytics Code

Monday, October 27

Let's hope for a repeat of last night...

Not a slaughtering of Tampa Bay by the Phillies, but a great night's sleep. Last night, 'Lil D's eating schedule was a little bit off, he had a bottle around 8pm. Usually he then will take his formula bottle right before going to bed, which is around 10-11 pm (this will get earlier when I go back to work). Well, after his bath, he came back out to the couch and had fallen asleep around 9-9:30. We decided to just swaddle him up and put him down, see if he'd wake up or not. He slept until 5 am!!! I had turned myself in by 11:30, so slept for 5.5 hours, it was awesome. At 5 he nursed for about 20 minutes and fell back asleep until 9! Score! He followed the same pattern tonight. He nursed around 7:30pm, had his bath, daddy read to him, and then he fell asleep...he's in "bed" now with his white noise snoring away. I'll have to cave myself here and go down soon too so I can maximize the hours. But first things first, I gotta blog it out!
My new hands-free pumping bra arrived today, so I'll be trying that out shortly. Will report on that later, but I have a good referral source for that, you know who you are lady.
Sean and I had made a deal with the teenager to get her a book, the next in the Twilight series she's reading, so had to stop at Borders while we were out and about. We were starving so had stopped for lunch at CPK. This was our second restaurant outing since Friday, and we survived with baby! He's actually really behaved while we're out. I know to go armed with a bottle because he will want to eat while we eat. He's still young enough where eating wears him out and puts him in what we call the "milk coma", so we'll be able to enjoy our meals. Today he did just that. He ate and mellowed himself out, not that he was being fussy, but it was time for his feeding. I find it more and more assuring that I do not get strange stares or comments when I ask waitstaff for a cup of really hot water to heat up a bottle.
Maternity leave is coming to an end relatively soon, November 11th is my last paid day. As fast as I emailed my boss about returning to work, I retracted it. My first plan was to go back to work on that Wednesday and have a short week. Then I started to think about it, how can I drop off my baby to daycare for a whole freaking day after being inseperable from him 24/7? I asked Sean, what do you think of me taking vacation days for that Wednesday through Friday, not working, but taking 'D to daycare for a few hours, more and more each day. This way he gets to know where he is at, and I won't be a huge wreck wondering how he is and having uber separation anxiety (ok, while at work, I can melt down at my own house). Sean agreed this was a much better idea for all involved. So my new plan is to get up early on these days and drop him off, and go do some "me" time things, get my hair done, my long awaited pedicure, nap, clean, whatever. I'll leave him at the daycare for a few hours on Wednesday, and increase it on Thursday, then almost a full day on Friday, so by Monday we'll have a bit more of a routine down and he'll be familiar with the new surrourndings. I think this will help me out more than anything. I think little guy really will do fine, he'll have food and love. I think I am the one who will have the hard end of this adventure, I even hate just thinking about it.
Tomorrow, Target. I think there used to be a time where I didn't need a day (or week) to plan an errand like that...wasn't there?

2 comments:

  1. Great, great plan for test-driving day care. Hope you love the hands free bra as much as I do. I do all kinds of things now while I pump, like eat breakfast. It rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great plan on the day care front I did this exact thing with my daughter and she adjusted better than I had ever hoped me on the other hand its hard especially when you pump your going to turn into a big ball of crazy baby missing love, It definently gets easier.

    ReplyDelete