Google Analytics Code

Wednesday, December 17

Wal-Mart, you have taken my last dollar

I will never shop with you again. And this time, I mean it.
I went to the local WM near my office at lunch for a few things I needed at the house, mainly laundry supplies and ornament hooks. Last week I went to Target, but their little boy clothes section sucked, and well, I wanted to look for some stuff for him as well. So I'm shopping, the selection for clothes really stinks here as well. The seem to jump from 3 mos to 12 mos, with hardly anything in between. I manged to find one very cute Christmassy sleeper for 'Lil D with green and red stripes, nice and warm. I make my way through my list and go over to the holiday section. Now, my mistake here is, this should have been my first stop. I needed ornament hooks for our tree because aparently the new trend is to sell ornaments without hooks. They are out. So out goes the boxes of new ornaments I was going to buy there (we bought some from Michael's this weekend that I need to hang, which also prompted my stop today). Anyways, I resolve I'll need to make another stop and proceed to checkout. I get in line, they're all way too busy, so I just pick. The cashier spent, I shit you not, 15 minutes trying to ring through 2 gift cards for the ladies in front of me. I unfortunately loaded all my cart on the belt so I couldn't switch lines (it was getting ridiculous). When it came time to ring up my stuff, my precious sleeper rang up "cannot sell item". What the fuck does thateven mean? Well, to the cashier, she took it literally and tossed the sleeper aside and said, "Oh well". I am heated now. I waited through that other bullshit as patiently as I could, on my lunch (now 1.5 hr) hour, and the clerk just tells me, "Well maybe you can buy it next week but the machine says I can't sell it to you now. Hey, I just work here." My response, "Yes, and this is the problem with America today, no one gives a shit and just settles for what they're told." Yes, I said this out loud, I was that mad. She wasn't even phased and frankly I don't think she even understood what I meant.
When I worked retail and had issues with bar codes and scanning items, I always took the time to get the customer their goods and out of there as fast as possible. I never once turned anyone away and took the attitude "I just work there". I mean really, are you that stupid to think that an item with a tag that has a price and a barcode on it is out there "accidentally" and you literally cannot sell it?
If I really didn't need everything in that cart, I'd have walked right out and left my crap there. If I didn't feel so bad for the lady I was commiserating with behind me because we waited so long through the torturous prior transaction, I'd have waited for a manager to get my sleeper rung up, on principal. Instead, I'm mad at myself for buying my stuff. Thanks Wal-Mart for sucking out my holiday spirit, at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment